No role in business receives such stigma as that of a salesperson. It is for this reason that employers have begun to take a holistic approach to sales, by classifying all employees who come into contact with customers as potential sellers of the business.
Through these varied and wide ranging roles that serve as customer touch points, business owners and operators have come to appreciate the requirement for sales specific training. Helix Training has identified this need and alongside its partner, Building Merchants Federation (BMF), is thrilled to offer the course Essential Sales Skills Training. This engaging and interactive workshop explores the fundamental sales skills that are essential in the modern marketplace. Elements of other popular BMF courses have been integrated into this training, including ‘Increasing Sales on the Telephone’, ‘Maximising Margin’ and ‘Sales Negotiation Techniques’, resulting in a comprehensive and thought-provoking course.
Increasing sales by:
• Maximising the advantages of using the telephone, and being a seller not just an order taker
• Understanding what your prices represent
• Considering the true costs of discounting
• Using effective verbal communication skills and efficiently identifying customer needs
• Promoting quality features as benefits
• Understanding the customer and achieving a win-win situation
• Confidently dealing with tough negotiators and difficult situations
The course content covers:
• The Sales Cycle and how to build rapport
• Understanding and dealing with different types of customer
• Recognising customer ‘Key Drivers’
• Individual selling styles
• Dealing with difficult negotiations and situations
• Non-verbal communication skills: body language, relative positioning and mirroring
• FAB – Features, Advantages and Benefits
• Differentiating yourself from the competition whilst maintaining integrity
• Objective setting
• Verbal communication skills: intelligent questioning, listening and challenging. ‘Pushing’ and ‘Pulling’
• Understanding margin, mark-up, gross profit and net profit
• Knowing when and where to discount. Gaining advantage from discounting.
• Handling objections
• Closing the sale
• Techniques for generating a positive initial customer perception on the telephone
• Turning telephone enquiries into sales
• Questioning, listening and challenging skills
• Identifying customer needs to cross-sell, up-sell and increase an order
• Following up quotes
• Open forum to encourage best practise. Allows for discussion to celebrate success or address specific concerns and fears.
• Discussing, agreeing and making an Action Plan to demonstrate what needs to be done differently.
The cost of this course is £500 VAT. Overnight accommodation can be advised upon if required.
Register your interest
If specific dates, venues, cost and locations are yet to be confirmed, please register your interest in attending a course by clicking on the link below:
Register your interest today
The Helix Training team will be in touch over the coming weeks to provide more information to those who have registered their interest.