The rigorous vetting procedure that TrustMark approved firms must initially undergo is in place to ensure that the high standards of the TrustMark brand is upheld by all members.
TrustMark applicants will need to fulfil the following criteria:
• Relevant qualifications, competences and/or experience for trades applied for
• Applicants for TrustMark registration will be required to undergo an initial on-site inspection which will also address customer satisfaction with the work/conduct of the individual carrying out the work
• County Court Judgements (CCJs) at home and business trading address
• Previous six months trading history evidence at stated trading address
• Evidence of trading address, such as bank statements or utility bills
• Comprehensive written procedure for resolving complaints from customers must be in place
• A full Experian credit check on company credit history
• Must provide a guarantee to customers, covering all aspects of the work carried out
• Upon completion of each contracted job. Full warranty insurance must at the very least be offered on all guarantees provided
• In the event that a company has more than 5 employees, it will be necessary to have in place a written Health & Safety policy
• TrustMark registered firms must have signed up to a Code of Practice that includes insurance, good health and safety practices and customer care
• TrustMark registered firms must be able to offer an Insurance Backed Guarantee to cover high value work of £500 + VAT
• TrustMark registered firms must ensure that Deposit Protection Insurance is available for consumers in the event a firm should cease trading
As the Scheme Operator, Helix Training will continue to monitor their TrustMark members’ quality of work, trading practices and overall customer satisfaction. Firms that are approved to join the Helix Training TrustMark scheme will undergo further on-site inspections every three years.